Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WFT Extra 006: Christine Noelle Design

Here is another great neighborhood flower shop that I would like to share with you.  Christine Noelle Design is located on 106 West Oak Street in Chicago (Oak St. & Clark St.).

It's on the first floor of a 6-story historical brick building.  They have a nice tall storefront facing Oak Street with modern arrangements in the show-window and full of bright colored flowers in the background.  When you get into the store the bright white walls capture the colors of flowers which they display on a large farm table.  The super high ceiling at the top of the walls, have old crown mouldings that were originally in a theater in Paris, one of the shop persons told us.  They have two custom suspended light fixtures that look like wire hoops of a petticoat.  The whole store interior is a modern French country style, I would say, and I can see the owner's meticulous design vision throughout.

They even offer classes on a variety of topics, from floral arrangement to bath bomb making, which sounded like a lot of fun.  I would love to try them sometime.  There were two people at the store getting ready for a class that afternoon, and they were so nice to take their time to chat with me and my husband.  I haven't purchased any flowers from them yet, but I will try to go there soon, when it's nice out, to take a long walk with my son. I'll be sure to write about the beautiful flowers from this beautiful store!



No comments:

Post a Comment